Monday, February 1, 2010

The Joy of on-line Coloring!


    I don't do this often but I have recently been inspired, no, not Bob Ross. My main motivation has been rooted in my disdain for crayons. Though they claim to be non-toxic their presence makes me feel a little septic. OK, so I am exaggerating but I assure you only a little. Crayons have a few purposes in our house 1. Carrying little sister's appetite between meals, 2. Giving our off-white carpet a little color, 3. They give my girls a reason to fight (who knew cornflower was a color worth fighting for!) 4. (My favorite) converting bland bathroom tile grout into colorful works of art!
    It has been said that a problem is not a problem until there is a solution. Folks I have found a solution! There are tons of Flash based on-line coloring options. Not only has it cured most of my woes mentioned above but it has helped teach my 5 year old the fine motor skills that are required to use our laptop (a skill I'm sure I will soon regret :). Below, I will list a few of my favorites. Be sure and comment if you have found others!

http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/workshop This one only has 2 pages but allows great detail

http://www.y8.com/tags/Coloring Be sure and click the full screen option! (Lots of choices!)


Disney Princess Online Coloring

Click here to play this game

No comments: